Captain Nelson Le Blond
Founder and Director
With over 35 years’ experience as a professional seaman, Captain Nelson Le Blond is one of Australia’s most respected, trusted and established marine surveyors and consultants in the maritime and shipping industry. He has sailed as a Master for 15 years on bulk carriers, container vessels, heavy lift vessels and very large / ultra large crude oil carriers and his experience and global reach has extended from all States and Territories of Australia, to South Korea, China, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan and Vietnam.
As a recognised leader in his field, Captain Le Blond has considerable experience conducting marine surveys for multinational companies and insurers. He regularly consults to senior management in shipping companies with respect to a wide range of shipping matters, including ports and tug operations. He is also a trained auditor in the shipping and transport industries.
With a wealth of industry knowledge and experience, Captain Le Blond is commended for his prompt survey reporting processes, strong analytical and reporting skills, early identification of trends and opportunities, as well as his responsiveness and flexible work arrangements with clients.
Captain Le Blond is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers in London and holds memberships with the Nautical Institute (London), International Institute of Marine Surveyors (London), Company of Master Mariners (Australia) and the Australian Institute of Marine Surveyors.
For more information regarding Captain Le Blond’s experience, please click here.
Captain Richard Creet
Head of Singapore and Asian Region
Our Singapore and Asian region is overseen by Captain Richard Creet. Recognised in the maritime industry as having in-depth knowledge in ship chartering and brokerage, ship sales and purchasing, Captain Creet is accredited internationally and has sailed as a Master, holds professional qualifications in shipping and has ship broking experience in excess of 20 years.
Strong Maritime Services draws on the experience of highly qualified and professionally certified marine surveyors who specialise in marine survey communications. Our talented pool of contractors possess a broad range of expertise in the maritime and shipping industries, including in the following areas.
- Marine Surveys
- Shipping & Freight Forwarding
- Logistics to support the container freight business
- Logistics and distribution including Customs clearance procedures
- Banking lines for trade
- Arranging Letters of Credit
- Loading and discharging of cargoes as in operational guidelines with sellers and buyers
- Quality Management Systems
- Safety, Environmental & Occupational Health Management Systems
- Formal Safety Assessments, Safety Critical Elements and Performance standards
- Risk Management
- Sales & Purchase Agreements/Contracts
- Preparation of sales and purchase contracts with sellers and buyers
- Negotiation of prices for buying and selling coal and cement clinkers
- Arbitration claims pertaining to Charter Party demurrage/dispatch